The Statistics Division of the FAO has launched the first version of the new FAOSTAT, which is part of the organization's mission to improve data collection and dissemination for development and the fight against global hunger and malnutrition. The new platform continues to offer free and easy access to data for 245 countries and 35 regional areas from 1961 through the most recent year available. It also contains many new features. These include:
- The Browse data option for new and easier ways to visualize data.
- The Advanced data search to search by item, element, country and region.
- The Compare data option to compare data for different countries and items.
- The Analysis tool for univariate statistics and linear regressions.
- The Download data option for faster extraction of data and a more user-friendly interface.
It will be possible to access both versions in the coming months. Read more here.